DIPLOMA IN COSMETIC MEDICINE
Online Tutorials Commencing June 2013
The Australasian College of Aesthetic Medicine offers the Diploma in Cosmetic Medicine for cosmetic physicians and those related specialities.
The diploma consists of six (6) parts:
1. 12 monthly tutorials online
2. Logbook of 100 cases
3. Written Examination MCQ Paper
this paper consists of 100 multiple-choice questions (5 parts each- total of 500 questions) over a 2-hour period in true/false format.
4. Viva Examinations.
The viva examinations are conducted approximately 4 weeks following the written Exam. Only candidates who have successfully passed the written exam are invited to sit for the Viva exams. This will involve a 60-minute oral examination.
5. Three Day Clinical Workshop.
The workshops are held annually and provide practical experience in Cosmetic Medicine procedures.
6. Clinical Experience.
The candidate should have two years fulltime (or part time equivalent) experience in Cosmetic Medicine. The doctor provides CV details. Two Medical References are required of Cosmetic Medicine Experience.
Doctors who fulfil the above criteria will be eligible to receive a Diploma in
|Diploma in Cosmetic Medicine has been approved by the RACGP QI & CPD
The activity ID is 755872. It has been allocated 40 category 1 points.
Cost : $6,600 (incl GST) (this is effective from 1 Jun 2012)
NOTE: Examinations are held annually. Applicant must be a current full member of ASCM.
Click here to download the application form
Diploma in Cosmetic Medicine Commonly Asked Questions
The certificate of procedural phlebology
We now have 4 candidates who have completed and passed their exams and are just waiting on completion of their logbooks for the awarding of their certificate.
Are you interested in developing a phlebology practice or perhaps you are already experienced but would like to certify your competence? Then this is the qualification for you!
The completed Certificate qualifies you for 50 CME points with RNZCGP and previous candidates have been granted category 1 CME points with RACGP.
- MARCH 16th & 17th 2013 at Appmed House, 811 Heretaunga St. East, Hastings, New Zealand.
- Lectures and demonstrations introducing procedural phlebology and outlining the syllabus for
- $2000 incl GST for ASCM Members ($2750 incl. GST for non members)
- Written Examination (MCQ & Short Answer Questions) during Laser and Cosmetic Medicine
Conference, Sofitel Wentworth Hotel, Sydney, 15th November 2013
- Practical Examination (Long and Short Cases) Appmed House, 811 Heretaunga St. East, Hastings,
New Zealand, Date TBA (November/December 2013).
- $3000 incl GST for ASCM members ($3750 incl GST for non members)
Click here to download the information about the certificate
Click here to download the introductory course registration form
Click here to download the examination registration form
Chemical Peel, Dermal Filler, Botulinum Toxin Workshop
- Date: Sat. 12th April 2014
- Venue: Rydges Hotel - Address: 54 McLaren Street, North Sydney
This activity will be accredited 40 category 1 points as part of the RACGP QI&CPD Program for the 2014-2016 Triennium. Activity number pending.
It is also approved by the Australian College of Aesthetic Medicine and has been allocated 120 CPD points